Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thing 21: Podcasts

So, Podcasts . . . This is another case where my procrastination on finishing 23 Things has tripped me up a bit.  Only podcastalley.com, of the three recommended podcast directories still seems to be functional, but every podcast I tried to access was quite out of date.  So, I think that podcasting may have faded a bit as an interest for people since 23 Things was conceived.  I had listened to podcasts before, mostly downloaded via iTunes, but have never been really into them, because I don't generally enjoy talk radio and found a lot of them too chatty and amateurishly produced.  Nonetheless, I wanted to try to fulfill the assignment to add a podcast feed to my bloglines account, so went to National Public Radio's website to see what they have available.  Fresh Air is a show I've always enjoyed on NPR, but rarely am listening to the radio at the right time to hear it, so decided that would be a good one.  Adding it to my bloglines account was a simple matter of cutting and pasting the feed URL.  Here is a screenshot of my bloglines dashboard, to show the Fresh Air podcast has been added (upper left corner).

Going back to bloglines, which I hadn't used in quite awhile until trying to complete Thing 21, reminded me that there is a lot of good stuff here that I would otherwise miss, so I will try to remember to check it more often from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment